Information Is Your Weapon
'Magazine for Squatters / Homeless'
April/May 1993 (28 pp A5)
Download PDF (scanned with searchable text) - 9mb
Proposed 'Criminal Justice Bill' / Malcolm X / News Of The Sqews / Fenced Inn Fields / Travellers Travails / Advisory Service For Squatters / Corporatisation of Rental Market / Putting Our House In Order / letters , contax and more...
3. The State It's In
- The current state of legislation.
4. What Has All This Got To Do With Malcolm X?
- At the opening night of Spike Lee's Malcolm X film
6. News Of The Sqews
- What they've been spouting in the media.
8. Fenced Inn Fields?
- Rough sleepers, rats & cover-ups.
9. Nailing It Down
- Squall pins down Islington, Hackney & Tower Hamlets.
12. Traveller's Travails
- Snapshots and stories regarding the plight of Travellers
13. Homeless Convictions
- The Government is treating squatting as an issue of criminality, not homelessness
14. Policing & Squatting
- Misinformation about squatting from police
16. Satan's Squatters
- The 'demonisation' of squatting rattles between the tabloid press and the echo chamber of parliamentary politics
17. Marketing Madness
- Corporatisation of the rental property market
18. Squatting ASSpects
- A day from the diary of an Advisory Service for Squatters Volunteer.
19. Let them Eat Rarebit
- There's this cheap cafe in the middle of Westminster...
20. Initiative? We Could Use Some
- Has the Government got any, when it comes to rising homelessness?
21. Putting Our House In Order
- Musicians come together for a charity to aid homeless
- The different groups of Travellers - Romanies, Gypsys, Irish and New Age Traveller - put their differences aside to meet at the Houses of Parliament
News Shorts & Other Busyness